September 28, 2016 Leave a comment
Are you trying to have a baby? How exciting!
Even if having a baby is not in your immediate future, it is important to think about the impact your diet and lifestyle choices have on your fertility. This applies to both partners and I would suggest changes start being made 3-6 months before actively trying to conceive.
Engaging in the following tips for optimizing fertility can support your journey and result in everyone achieving a state of optimized health and wellness.
10 tips for optimizing fertility
- Assume you are pregnant. There is truth in the power of positive thinking and setting the intention for welcoming a child into your life. It will also help you follow the next few tips!
- Take a prenatal vitamin and an omega-3 fatty acid supplement regularly.
- Eliminate alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods from your diet.
- Identify and eliminate environmental exposure to toxins and consider doing a supervised detoxification program with the help of your naturopathic doctor.
- Quit smoking and recreational drugs. See your family doctor or naturopathic doctor for assistance.
- Visit your family doctor or naturopathic doctor to address existing health conditions.
- Speak to your family doctor or naturopathic doctor about the safety of your medications and natural supplements during pregnancy and change them accordingly.
- Communicate with your partner about your feelings regarding having children.
- To manage stress, make time for self-care by doing something you enjoy like exercise, yoga, meditation, listening to music, etc.
- Track your menstrual cycle by monitoring your basal body temperature. The basal body temperature chart can provide important information to determine when you are fertile and identify menstrual cycle issues.